Friday, January 21, 2011

Seven semesters down, one to go...

...until I have OFFICIALLY graduated high school.

Finished my finals, and then spent an immensely awesome Friday with previously mentioned friends, Chris and Reese.

By the way, you seem to-

Throw around the term "f*g hag" a lot? Yeah. I do.

I don't think it's a flippant term, though. My mother finds it degrading, but personally, I think it's something to be proud of.

I'm not just a f*g hag because I have lots of gay friends (even though I do). I see the role of f*g hag as beyond being a friend; I see it as being the closest confidant, the guide, the girl with whom a guy can discuss his deepest darkest secrets. He can trust her like he can trust no one else, and if she knows a lot of other gay guys, she's learned their lessons and can pass them along.

And in turn, she gains a close male friend with whom she can be completely intimate, yet that intimacy is nearly completely free from sexual tension.

I wrote yesterday a little bit about how blessed I feel to have my gay friends. And I still feel that way. I feel that way every day, because not long ago, none of us would be as open and fabulous as we are.

Today, in Starbuck's, Reese gave Chris a very tender kiss while we were sitting together. Nothing happened. Nobody made a fuss. Nobody screamed "FAGGOT". Nothing. A man in a cowboy hat left immediately afterward, but that was about it. I sensed, very deeply within myself, that not only was this an adorable moment between a very caring couple, but that the act itself was a tiny miracle. They are free to express their affection for each other, without fear of retribution.

And that's the most beautiful thing in the world.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Also, Margaret Cho very proudly calls herself a f*g hag, so I think you're in the clear.

    And very cool. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Cho. XD She delivers such wonderful truths through blunt, honest, obscene comedy.

    ReplyDelete